TEACHINGS ON THE END-TIMES
By: PASTOR DAVID OSEI-NIMOH
Recommended Foundational Scripture Readings:
- Daniel 2; Daniel 7-12; Matthew 24 &25; Ezekiel 37, 38&39;2 Timothy 3; Revelations 6, 7, 8, 11-20; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, etc
Prophecy takes 30% of the entire Scripture, out of which 318 promises talk about the Second Coming of Christ. The amazing fulfillment of God’s prophetic statements in the Bible proves not only of the faithfulness of God to mankind, but also to the truth and authenticity of the Word of God. Those who live on the Word will survive anytime in history, whether good or bad. There were more than 100 prophecies in the Old Testament regarding the First Coming of the Messiah to the earth. All of them came to pass and Jesus Christ fulfilled every single one of them, hence the confidence Christians have to the fact that Jesus was the Messiah, the Son of the Living God. This also gives credence to the fact that every prophecy concerning the Second Coming will be fulfilled as Christ returns to earth again. In fact, prophecies are being fulfilled right now before our very eyes. So like the children of Issachar who understood the times and therefore knew what Israel ought to do, it’s extremely important that today’s Christians get to know the Word of God so as to be able to know and properly link the happenings of today with what God has said in His Word. The events of today are too amazing to ignore.
There are 3 pivotal Ages in God’s time for mankind:
- The Ages Past: From Creation to the First Coming of Christ. This occupies the Old Testament period where prophets and various people were used to describe events of the next age. They prophesied about the birth of the Messiah.
- THE CHURCH AGE/GRACE AGE: From First Coming of Christ/Holy Spirit coming/ to Second Coming of Christ. ****TODAY’S AGE!!!!
During the Church Age: 4 other things are expected to happen before the Second Coming of Christ itself (a) Coming of the Holy Spirit and the birth of the Church (took place at Pentecost in Acts 2), (b) Rapture of the Church (date unknown but signs of today all point to its imminence (c) Antichrist appears to run One World Gov’t (d) 7 years Tribulation period orchestrated by the Antichrist and his False Prophet.
- Millennium Age (Ages to Come): From Second Coming of Christ to a period of 1000 years of Jesus’ kingdom reign on earth!
NOTE CAREFULLY (MY ADVICE):
- BETWEEN THE CHURCH AGE AND THE SECOND COMING IS A PERIOD OF GREAT UNCERTAINTIES, SIGNS OF THE TIMES, ETC. RAPTURE, ANTICHRIST 7 YEARS TRIBULATION AND GREAT TRIBULATION WILL ALL OCCUR WITHIN THE LAST OF THE LAST STRETCH OF THE TIME BEFORE THE KING OF KINGS ARRIVES!!! THIS IS WHERE WE ARE TODAY…UNCERTAIN TIMES! BUT THE CHURCH MUST KNOW ITS TIME IS ENDING SOON. THE CHURCH (YOU AND I) MUST WORK EVEN HARDER FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND WALK DEEPLY HOLY IN SUCH UNCERTAIN TIMES. THIS IS NOT TIME TO PLAY GAMES WITH YOUR SALVATION!
Theologians agree that Four (4) major pivotal events make up the entire Bible; 3 of the pivotal events have occurred, 1 more is in the process of happening to complete entire phase of what God has spoken by His mouth of the Word. The 4 pivotal events:
- Creation of the World: completed in the Old Testament.
- Flood of Noah after 1000 years of Creation: completed in Old Testament.
- First Coming of Jesus Christ (including birth, death, sinless life, resurrection)/the Cross: All completed in the New Testament.
- Second Coming of Jesus Christ: ?????? Next event to finish the 4-phase cycle.
NOTE: CURRENTLY, WE ARE STILL IN PERIOD OF GRACE AWAITING THE FINAL PIVOTAL EVENT, THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST, TO COMPLETE ITSELF!
Eschatology: The doctrine of the study of the “End-Times,” or “the End of the Age” or the “last things” such as future life, resurrections, judgements, Rapture, Tribulation, Second Coming, Antichrist, conversion of Israel, the Millennium and eternal destinies of man. Eschatos is Greek word meaning “last” and -logy means “the study of.” Two types of Eschatology:
Pre-Christ Events: Old Testament events that link with issues of the end of the world.
Post-Christ Events: New Testament events and post-Bible historical and political events across the planet that link with end of the world.
HISTORICO-POLITICAL ANALYSIS OF DANIEL CHAPTER 2
UNDERSTANDING THE TIMES: 1 CHRONICLES 12:32
“Of the sons of Issachar, men who understood the times, with knowledge of what Israel should do…”